Geraldine is available to come to help and encourage your team, offering tips, hints and insight from her perspective – and to have some fun too!
She offers a range of skills, from band coaching and vocal training to facilitating seminars and workshops that cover a wide range of subjects [please see additional details by clicking the relevant links below].
Working with your needs and requirements – no two days will look the same!
Geraldine also offers her experience and ‘journey so far’ knowledge on Bible principles for worship and leading music in worship.
She is available for either day or weekend events.
If required she can bring additional musicians with her.
- Teaching Bible principle on worship and leading worship
- Preparation for leading worship with some practical examples of ‘flow’ in worship
- Qualities of a Worship Team Leader
- Our worship together – Looking at content in our gatherings
- Vocal workshop – singing and vocal care, exercises and backing vocal work
- Improvisation and the spontaneous. Playing and singing ‘in the Spirit’
- Use of readings, prayers etc in corporate worship
- Looking at the prophetic in music in worship
- Instrumental workshops
- Song/Band arrangements
- Band critique: a [very gentle] critique of the band. They could perhaps prepare 2 contrasting songs in worship and we could discuss any issues raised
- Looking at new songs
- Looking at new ways to arrange older hymns
- Choosing songs in worship, looking at breadth of vocabulary in our gathered times.
- Responding to God – study/teaching on the names of God
- Singing gospel – a workshop where no previous experience is necessary
- Leading music in worship at celebration/praise events
With one or more accompanying musicians, Geraldine performs a collection of songs she has composed as well as covers of well known ones.
The concert can include traditional songs with contemporary songs and there will always be more than a hint of gospel!
These evenings can be tailored for your event whether as a ‘praise party’ format or as a ‘sit down concert’ with opportunities for the audience to join in one or more songs’
What would a day programme look like?
0930: Arrive and coffee
1000 – 1115: Session I – SEMINAR
Suggested seminar topics:
i. Looking at Biblical principles for worship and leading worship
ii. Preparing to lead worship. Exploring the “flow” of worship
1115 – 1130: Drinks
1130 – 1245: Session II – WORKSHOP
Suggested seminar topics:
i. Improvisation and the spontaneous
ii. Vocal care
1245 – 1400: LUNCH
1400 – 1515 Session III
i. Hearing and critiquing ofthe host band play two songs.
ii. The band to prepare 2 contrasting songs [tempo, reflective/celebration]
iii. Rehearse a further [new?] song with band – ie looking at arrangements for band
AN INSTRUMENTAL WORKSHOP [if I bring additional tutors]
Here we divide into say four groups for training in using different instruments in worship.
i. Guitar (Church)
ii. Vocals (Methodist Chapel-provisional venue)
iii. Drums/percussion (Church Hall)
iv. Keyboard (Church Crèche)
1515 – 1530: Cuppa tea!
1530 – 1615: Session IV – Closing worship together!
For a comprehensive list of what Geraldine can offer, availability and costs please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org